Welcome to my blog!

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am excited to share my new journey at Penn GSE with you! Please feel free to leave a comment. I look forward to connecting with you!

Here's a bit more info. of myself in addition to the profile:

I was born in Xi'an, and grew up in Guangzhou, China. I completed my undergraduate program at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, with a major in Communication and a minor in Spanish.

Prior to coming to Penn, I was working as an International Student Advisor and Marketing Representative at Wisconsin ESL Institute where I found my passion for international education. I am most interested in two specializations of the Higher Ed. field: International Admissions and International Student Services.


Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer's Greetings :)

Happy Summer, everyone! It's been quite a while since my last blog and I hope you are all doing well!Thank you for still reading my blog and for writing to me with questions and kind comments! I love hearing from you and learning about who you are as well. :)

Here are some updates on my life since my last blog:
- Graduated! :)
Still hard to believe that one year could go by THIS fast regardless of how much I had prepared myself mentally prior to the start. It was sad to see friends off after graduation but I definitely take comfort that I now have even more friends in different parts of the country / world.

Looking back, I am still very glad that I chose a one-year program even though it was very intense. It was a lot easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel during the times when I was feeling very exhausted. "We can do it" / "It's just one year" was something that my cohort typically said to encourage one another during the year. Now that all has been done, the sweet taste of our accomplishments is simply wonderful. It's all worth it.

Rested! :)
This is my first summer on the East Coast since I came to the U.S., and wow, it is hot! Totally reminded me of my home in Guangzhou, China. However, having lived in Wisconsin for several years, it is taking me some time to get used to such a weather again, but my husband is loving it!

It's definitely been a fun summer here because I finally got to do all the sight-seeing activities! So far, I've explored Philly, Atlantic City, New York, and D.C. with my husband and my parents this summer, and I am totally energized through enjoying all this "city stuff" (using my husband's term.) What's even better is that all of these places are now within short driving distance to us, compared to our plane rides from Wisconsin a couple years ago!

- Employed! :)
I just mailed out my official acceptance letter this morning! I will be starting my new job at Philadelphia University on August 5th. I couldn't be happier about how things worked out at each perfect timing and have been very grateful for all the wonderful people in my life who have supported me to get this far. That being said, I am also very inspired to do the same for any one of you during your decision-making processes on the selection of or application to graduate programs - If you have any specific questions for me, I'd be more than happy to answer them and share my experiences with you. My email is: xixi@alumni.upenn.edu

Finally, congratulations again to those who have started / will soon be starting the program at Penn GSE! Welcome to the big family! :) For those of you who are thinking about applying or in the process of your application, feel free to check out the Fall GSE Admissions Events here.

I wish you all the best in everything you do! Happy Summer!

Xixi
xixi@alumni.upenn.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment