Welcome to my blog!

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am excited to share my new journey at Penn GSE with you! Please feel free to leave a comment. I look forward to connecting with you!

Here's a bit more info. of myself in addition to the profile:

I was born in Xi'an, and grew up in Guangzhou, China. I completed my undergraduate program at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, with a major in Communication and a minor in Spanish.

Prior to coming to Penn, I was working as an International Student Advisor and Marketing Representative at Wisconsin ESL Institute where I found my passion for international education. I am most interested in two specializations of the Higher Ed. field: International Admissions and International Student Services.


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Where did my time go?

       Happy Election Day! I am sure most people are eager to find out who the next president will be in just a few hours!    

       Well, besides this big revelation, the arrival of November also means the approaching due dates for big papers, presentations and group projects for us graduate students at GSE. I have been meeting with different groups for different collaborative projects almost every day these two weeks. Just when I am all settled in this routined life, feeling right in the middle of the program, I was reminded that there are only two classes left for my Ethics and Leadership in Higher Education course, which meets every other Friday for four hours.

       So far, it has been an absolutely wonderful experience being in this Ethics class. Dr. Mary-Linda Armacost is definitely one of my favorite professors. Her educational and personal life experiences are amazing. Feel free to google her if you wish. She is President Emerita of Moore College of Arts and Design and is one of the sweetest professors I've ever had. I so appreciate getting a big hug and a caring kiss on the forehead from her before classes, so the thought of having only two classes left with her just makes me sad.

       I can't believe how time flies! Most of us have completed our advance registration for next semester this week. Some of my cohort members have met with our Career Services Director, and I have also received kind advice from staff that it is never too early to start looking for job opportunities. Many people have told me that the one-year program will go by very fast, but I still cannot fathom how fast time actually flies. My biggest goal is to make sure that I "breathe" properly for the rest of the semester, and try to intentionally slow down from time to time so that I can truly cherish every moment of the present time.

      If you'd like to learn more about what it is like to be a graduate student here at GSE, please consider joining one of our upcoming web chats with current students and alumni. I will continue to share my experiences here and invite some guest bloggers. Thank you very much for following my blog! I appreciate your time!

     



No comments:

Post a Comment