Welcome to my blog!

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am excited to share my new journey at Penn GSE with you! Please feel free to leave a comment. I look forward to connecting with you!

Here's a bit more info. of myself in addition to the profile:

I was born in Xi'an, and grew up in Guangzhou, China. I completed my undergraduate program at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, with a major in Communication and a minor in Spanish.

Prior to coming to Penn, I was working as an International Student Advisor and Marketing Representative at Wisconsin ESL Institute where I found my passion for international education. I am most interested in two specializations of the Higher Ed. field: International Admissions and International Student Services.


Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Grand Finale...

       The grand finale of my first semester of graduate school is here! Honestly, it is scary! Between now and December 19th, I have an exam, a group presentation, a video project, a 7-page paper & a 15-page paper for one class, a 5-page paper & a 15-page paper for another class, and another 15-page paper for one more class! Even though I have started to work on some of them, I am still not sure how I am going to survive during these next three weeks. 

       On the way back to Philly from a great visit of some close friends in Maryland this afternoon, I found myself complaining about the harsh reality and denying the fact that school is starting again tomorrow. I asked myself, "What happened? Being able to study at Penn was totally a dream that came true! Where did all these negative thoughts come from?"

       Well, I was just freaking out "a bit." I tend to push myself pretty hard, and sometimes, I might have added an unnecessary level of stress upon myself. Thanks to my friends from both within and outside of my cohort who have empathized with me and encouraged me! After I calmed down from having such an anxiety, I am now able to "breathe" again, and ready to take on whatever it takes to finish the semester to the best of my ability. After all, I am still living this wonderful dream that is worth all the efforts and sacrifices. No pains, no gains!

       Thinking about this time of last year, I remember being stressed about completing my grad. school applications while working full-time. Therefore, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions now that you are considering or working on applying to Penn GSE! I will write publish another post soon, but until then, best wishes to you in all that you do! Thank you for following my blog!

       


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Xixi,
    You are doing so well and God is obviously helping you to walk in victory! Keep up the excellent work--we are praying for your success and happiness! Love, Brian and Debbie

    ReplyDelete