Welcome to my blog!

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am excited to share my new journey at Penn GSE with you! Please feel free to leave a comment. I look forward to connecting with you!

Here's a bit more info. of myself in addition to the profile:

I was born in Xi'an, and grew up in Guangzhou, China. I completed my undergraduate program at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, with a major in Communication and a minor in Spanish.

Prior to coming to Penn, I was working as an International Student Advisor and Marketing Representative at Wisconsin ESL Institute where I found my passion for international education. I am most interested in two specializations of the Higher Ed. field: International Admissions and International Student Services.


Thursday, April 4, 2013

Graduating next month?!

I don't even remember how many times I have blogged about how time flies, but it is truly how I have been feeling most of the time during this program. Time flies when you are having fun, and time flies when you are constantly busy with something...

Recently, Alexis and I have been working very hard to put together an entire day full of events for this Friday's Preview Day for Accepted Master's Students. One of the main reasons why I love my assistantship at the Admissions Office is the opportunity to connect with prospective students, accepted students, and students that are enrolled! It is always fun for me to share my perspectives and experiences, and always a joy to organize an event that can help students in one way or another.

That said, it is definitely a bittersweet time for me whenever I think about graduating next month. I am ready to be done with writing academic papers for a while, but I am not really ready to leave my assistantship, mainly because of the people that I have been working so closely with for these past eight months. My supervisor Alyssa, and everyone else have been treating Alexis and me as part of the professional team, and have been very supportive of our professional development, so it is just sad for me to realize that I won't get to see them on a daily basis in the very near future. Therefore, to cope with my sadness during this time, I am cherishing every opportunity I still have to work for the office. :)

Anyway, I will post detailed reflections upon my assistantship and this program overall in my future blogs, since I need to write a couple papers about them for my classes anyways. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment