Welcome to my blog!

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am excited to share my new journey at Penn GSE with you! Please feel free to leave a comment. I look forward to connecting with you!

Here's a bit more info. of myself in addition to the profile:

I was born in Xi'an, and grew up in Guangzhou, China. I completed my undergraduate program at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, with a major in Communication and a minor in Spanish.

Prior to coming to Penn, I was working as an International Student Advisor and Marketing Representative at Wisconsin ESL Institute where I found my passion for international education. I am most interested in two specializations of the Higher Ed. field: International Admissions and International Student Services.


Sunday, March 24, 2013

Higher Ed. Preview Day


Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted into the Higher Education program! To those of you who are here for the Higher Ed. Preview Day - I look forward to meeting you bright and early at the registration tomorrow! :) This year's central planning committee members have worked very hard to put together all the details for the preview day, so I am very glad that many of you are able to make it! (To others who are not able to come, no worries - I wasn't able to make it last year, either. However, hope to have you join our other preview events to learn more about our program and what it is like to be a student at Penn GSE!)

One year and two days ago, I had the phone interview for my current graduate assistantship with my current supervisor Alyssa. Looking back at the past seven months, I am so grateful for such an opportunity to learn from and work with everyone in this fabulous team! It is very hard to believe that in two days, I will be sitting in on the assistantship interviews for the next cohort with my supervisor and teammate. I am very excited to meet the next cohort members who are interested in my current assistantship, but also feeling sad that this experience is coming to an end for me. I have learned so much during this short amount of time, and have definitely felt more confident about my overall abilities after being trained and advised by experienced professionals like my supervisor and others on the team. This job involves lots of opportunities to interact with prospective and accepted students (depending on the time of the year), as well as with current students, faculty, staff, and alumni. It provides great learning opportunities toward event planning and advertising, and helps me further improve my written and verbal communication skills within the field of Admissions. It also challenges me to prioritize various responsibilities on a daily basis and helps me to strengthen my time management skills. In addition, I have built up an awesome network through this assistantship, which is a great comfort for me realizing that the relationships will last despite the upcoming end of this assistantship.

Good luck to all of you at the assistantship interviews! Please feel free to email me if you have any specific question for me about this position!





No comments:

Post a Comment